Thursday 20 December 2012

Thursday 20th December

Another sunny but cold day in Tokyo and this was me and Jesper's last training session for this trip but not forever!

Yamaguchi Sensei taught this mornings session starting off with tube training we did gyakuzuki - oizuki and step back 50 times each leg then we faced the opposite direction and done 30 of the same exercise. Then we done maegeri back then mageri forward, maigeri back then kekomigeri forward, maigeri back then mawashegeri forward each for the count of 10 then two sets for the count of 10 any two kicks again this was done on both legs and then reversed for the count of 30 each leg for the first three techniques mentioned before. We then moved onto do 6 drills for 20 seconds each and done three sets of the drills these were switch leg gyakuzuki for the first set, then push ups for the second set, the third set was switch leg mawashegeri gyakuzuki, the fourth set burpees, the fifth set switch legs ushiro mawashegeri then gyakuzuki and the final set was drop down squat then jump in the air switch leg each time. Then to finish the class we done Tekki sandan with Nagaki Sensei where I have been shown a part of the kata I need to chnage by Yamaguchi Sensei which I will need to work on and then Sochin with Okamoto Sensei and again Yamaguchi Sensei asked me to work on my side snap kick in the kata as it look like a mawashegeri and this is incorrect so a few things to work on but great feedback- Exhausted just writing this again.

As this was Jesper's last day we headed off for a nice lunch at the standing sushi bar in Kojimachi and then finished with our final latte and cinnamon apple fritter at Starbucks before saying our fond farewell.


Sushi
The evening class I had to face alone and be the only foreigner in the class for the first time since I arrived. The class was taught by Matsue Sensei we started the class with 10 gyakuzuki's slow then 30 full speed on both legs then maegeri 10 slow then 30 full speed again on both legs. The next part of the class was basic khion up and down the dojo followed by Heian Godan and Junro Godan to finish. Matsue Sensei asked me to focus on keeping my punch straight as sometimes I am letting my elbow
pop out first so something else for me to work on in the coming weeks.

Class 32 complete ! Only one more day to go and then I have three day break woop woop.

No comments:

Post a Comment